Many of us are being directly affected by the current fires across the West Coast. The smoke is spreading daily. This is taxing on our lungs, detox systems, and mental emotional state. Keep reading for ways to support yourself through these trying times.
Let's Join Together to Help!
Let's join together - see the fires being contained safely and efficiently and the weather going in favor of this. The people, animals, plants, trees, insects, homes, and business are safe and protected surrounded by positivity and light. Whether this means you are praying or generating light - do what feels good to you so that we can raise the vibration and be a positive force for good, bringing this to an end.
Toxins In The Smoke
The smoke carries many different toxic chemicals and compounds that cause lung irritation. Those with asthma, emphysema, heart disease, sinus problems, and allergies are especially prone to developing problems from smoke. I strongly suggest that you do not exercise outside until the air is cleared.
Check your Air Quality and Limit your Outdoor Time in the smokey areas. DO WEAR A MASK WHEN OUTDOORS TO LIMIT INHALATION OF THESE TOXINS. Check the website Purple Air for air quality in your neighborhood - even if it looks clear... the air quality may not be that good.
Symptoms of Smoke Inhalation
Common symptoms from smoke inhalation and breathing second hand smoke include:
- throat irritation
- watering eyes
- sinus congestion
- shortness of breath
- nose bleeds
If you have any of these please:
- Limit your outdoor time
- Don't exert yourself outdoors - meaning strenuous exercise/ heavy breathing
- Get air filters for your home and use them, especially at night
- Make an effort to breathe through your nose - it has protective hairs that will block some of the particulates
- Stay hydrated - this helps the body to eliminate toxins
Other Ways to Support Your Body!
It's the master anti-oxidant in the body and fortunately is in high concentration in the lungs. On the flip side - smoke exposure of any kind will quickly deplete glutathione levels. Supplementing with glutathione is highly recommended during these times!
Reported benefits of glutathione:
- Antioxidant protection
- Repairs cell damage
- Lung and respiratory support
- Liver and detoxification support
- Energy support
- Immune support
- Aging support
How do you get glutathione? I have a couple options:
Option 1 is taking oral supplementation - I have several in stock at my clinic or you can order online through My Supplement Dispensary.
Option 2 is getting either an IM injection of glutathione OR getting an IV injection with nutrients (Vitamins B & C with other nutrients to support your immune system) followed by a high dose glutathione push.
If you would like to schedule a supplement pick-up or IM or IV vitamin injection, please call the office 310-317-4888.
That's right, vitamin C is also an antioxidant so it can protect and support your lungs from the smoke inhalation. I'm really liking the liposomal formulations, but any vitamin C is great.
HERBS that protect and heal the lungs:
- Licorice Root – anti-inflammatory, protects mucous membranes, adrenal tonic, clears mucus by changing either the production and viscosity of mucus or improving the cough reflex, is soothing to mucus membranes in the lungs, respiratory and digestive tracts, reduces the amount and severity of coughing
- Mullein – clears mucus, is soothing to mucus membranes in the lungs, respiratory and digestive tracts, reduces phlegm
- Ginger – circulatory stimulant, anti-inflammatory, antiplatelet, antiemetic (reduce nausea/vomiting), carminative (relieves flatulence and soothes intestinal spasm and pain by relaxing intestinal muscle and sphincters), diaphoretic (controls fever by promoting sweating), pungent (a hot-tasting substance that warms the body, improving digestions and circulation), and aromatic digestive.
- Thyme – expectorant, anti-spasm, antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial, antioxidant
You can get any of these and make a tea - in fact you can probably find this or a variation of this as a lung support tea by Traditional Medicinals or Yogi Tea. I would brew 2-3 tea bags for 4-5 min for a stronger effect.
How to Support Your Mental-Emotional Sphere
This is a trying time for all of us. The impact of sheltering in place, not being able to easily see friends and family, riots, and now the fires. It's a lot to deal with.
I encourage you to dig deep within yourself and recognize that you are a strong being. I know it's challenging right now, but this is the time to recognize your strength. Our collective uplifted energies can help to heal all that is occurring and it will positively help you.
If you need more mental-emotional support... try tapping, meditation, and/ or counseling support. Anything to shift your outlook even slightly is a step in the right direction. I have been meditating using the I Love Me meditation lately. And I have also been using the Tapping Solution app.
You can also take things like Rescue Remedy flower essences in your water bottle daily.
And remember, do deep breathing (make sure you're inside with clean air) to help calm the nervous system and get out of the fight or flight response.
If you need further support please reach out. I can map out a personalized treatment plan for you.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call the office at (310) 317-4888.
Blessings of health and safety to all!